This job position belongs to Business Administration/Executive Management occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the Business Administration/Executive Management occupation skills matrix.
Focus on Greenhouse Gas Emissions
The primary responsibility for the Process and Performance Consultant, Environmental Services will be to measure, track and report greenhouse gas emissions while identifying emission reduction opportunities and completing any work related to greenhouse gas or air quality regulation. The Process and Performance Consultant will work with/outreach to other municipalities, organizations and governmental bodies to better position the City of Regina to respond to any incoming greenhouse gas/carbon emission regulation/framework. The successful candidate will coordinate with various other branches and departments as they measure, track and report greenhouse gas emissions. They will be responsible for managing greenhouse gas emissions at the City of Regina.
Typical duties include:
- Investigate and complete any regulatory requirements related to greenhouse gas emissions and air qualit
- Consult, negotiate and collaborate with outside agencies and stakeholders, including community groups, other municipalities and other levels of government
- Update tools and processes (including a detailed procedures manual) to track, measure and report greenhouse gas emissions.
- Measure, track and report greenhouse gas emissions.
- Explore carbon credits/offsets already available to the City of Regina.
- Explore possible new carbon credit/offset opportunities.
- Explore greenhouse gas emission reduction opportunities.
- Prepare complex correspondence, reports and other documents for various levels of leadership at the City of Regina as well as external stakeholders.
- Provide written and verbal progress reports and presentations.
- Gather technical data and perform complex calculations related to greenhouse gas regulations.
- Interpret and analyze technical data to develop options, solutions, improvements and recommendations as they relate to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Respond to inquiries from staff, residents, elected officials and other levels of government.
- Develop and maintain partnerships to ensure that the City of Regina is represented in emission discussions and aware of any changes as they relate to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Other duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
- Experience working with various levels of government and responding to new regulation
- Ability to maintain strong partnerships with internal/external customers.
- Knowledge of greenhouse gas emissions, their impact and their current societal views.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and a respectful work environment with direct supervisor, co-workers, other City employees and the general public.
- Skilled in listening, leading and influencing people, averting and resolving conflict, and cultivating consensus.
- Skilled in strategic planning, coordinating and directing staff, work teams, consultants and contractors.
- Ability to shift strategic focus and activities quickly in response to changing organizational priorities.
- Ability to develop tools, policy, processes and procedures.
- Ability to express technical ideas effectively, in oral and written form with particular emphasis being placed on the ability to prepare comprehensive reports for presentation to management and City Council and to communicate orally to large group audiences.
- Demonstrates strong facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently; self-motivator, attention to detail and respect for deadlines.
- Advanced skill to think conceptually, analyze complex data and issues, interpret specifications/plans/regulations, and develop innovative solutions.
- Experience with change management theory.
- Knowledge of Windows-based software, specifically Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Ability to develop innovative engineering and operational solutions.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and respects requirements for confidentiality as required.
Your professionalism, positive attitude and flexibility will allow you to thrive in an energetic, supportive and performance driven team environment. You will enjoy the positive atmosphere, strong work/life balance principles, and opportunities for professional and personal growth and development that this position offers.
If you have experience developing tools and procedures, analyzing and understanding technical data and have an understanding of greenhouse gas emissions, you are encouraged to submit your resume and cover letter. Preference will be given to candidates who possess a university degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Management or a related field coupled with a minimum of five (5) years senior level experience in project management and business/program review or related.
The City of Regina offers a competitive benefits package that includes pension plan, health & dental coverage, life insurance, AD&D coverage, and the LTD plan.
*Note: Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
*Note: Presentations and testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
*Note: In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Division: Citizen Services
Department: Water, Waste & Environmental Services – Environmental Services
Salary Grade: 6 (CMM)
Salary: $39.36 - $49.14/Hour; $75,044 - $93,691/Annum
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.