This job position belongs to Business Administration/Executive Management occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the Business Administration/Executive Management occupation skills matrix.
This is a term/secondment position for up to twelve (12) months.
This position provides business solutions consulting in the Property Tax & Utility Billing branch of the Assessment, Tax & Utility Billing department. As a business solutions source of expertise within the branch, this position serves as the vital link between the business and the technology side of the solution. While the branch is undergoing an extensive billing system upgrade at this time, responsibility for developing and implementing test cases and performing in-depth regression testing will be the priority for this term position. This position reports to the Coordinator of Business System Administration.
Typical duties include:
- Develops and executes test plans and provides guidance to the users during the execution of those test plans.
- Performs detailed billing calculations and adjustments to support system testing.
- Leads user testing of new application releases, upgrades, enhancements, etc.
- Provides technical consulting support and expertise in the effective use of the various systems and interfaces to support the Property Tax & Utility Billing branch including overall performance, troubleshooting, modification, improvement and maintenance.
- Works with the branch manager and coordinators in applying business process improvement methodology to analyse business area work processes, identify opportunities for improvement and support implementation of process changes.
- Acts as a key contact with ITS and other departments/branches where required and represents the branch and participates in special studies, projects, upgrades, etc.
- Assists staff across the branch in the effective use of their systems and interfaces through process and procedure documentation, formal/informal training, advisory/consulting services and project support.
- Ensures corporate standards are maintained and adhered to on projects for which this employee is responsible.
- Follows all rules and regulations as set out in the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and the City of Regina's Occupational Health and Safety Manual.
- Prepares reports, letters or other documents.
- Performs related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
- Extensive knowledge and experience with a CIS billing system and demonstrated expertise in detailed water and sewer charge calculations is a critical requirement of this position.
- Typically, the knowledge, skills and abilities required are obtained through three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in analytical and operational aspects of business systems and workflow processes. Experience relating to municipal billing operations would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently document and track change requests.
- Demonstrated skills and extensive knowledge of database design and development (especially in CIS billing systems) including analyzing management information reports.
- Knowledge of the principles of computers and computer programming would be an asset.
- Demonstrated skills and familiarity with billing and Accounts Receivable systems. Knowledge of Banner CIS and Oracle EBS would be an asset.
- Demonstrated skills in process and procedure documentation. Knowledge of Oracle User Productivity Kit (UPK) or similar documentation tools.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design and development techniques, methodologies and processes.
- Advanced skills in using ad hoc query and reporting tools to create effective reports and presentations of data in text and graphical formats.
- Ability to facilitate large groups and document the development and implementation of technical solutions.
- Ability to work independently demonstrating sound judgement and initiative to establish priorities while taking into consideration the complexities of the issues and required deadlines.
- Ability to use project management techniques, practices and software.
- Ability to instruct and train departmental staff on new processes, procedures, software and hardware.
- Ability to express ideas effectively in oral and written form and to communicate orally to group audiences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff at various levels of the organization.
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
*Note: In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Division: Financial Strategy & Sustainability
Department: Assessment, Tax & Utility Billing
Salary Grade: 4 - CMM
Salary: $32.97 - $41.30/Hour; $62,861 - $78,743/Annum
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.