Please note this is a casual position for up to twelve months.
Using a community development approach, this position is responsible for leading community engagement activities and providing consulting services to a variety of community-based organizations, stakeholders and partners to identify needs and the appropriate responses.
Typical duties include:
- Provides consultative services to community based groups and internal partners pertaining to the identification of community and targeted population needs, and the planning and delivery of integrated community services to meet those needs.
- Facilitates the development and sustainability of community-based organizations to build capacity in the delivery of programs and services through organizational development, needs assessment, strategic planning, volunteer recruitment and development, and leadership training.
- Supports community-based organizations to develop plans to access funding and assists them to apply for City of Regina community investment programs, where appropriate.
- Facilitates and negotiates the development of partnerships with community organizations in order to assist in the coordination of leisure programs, facilities and community services.
- Develops and facilitates public engagement and input processes to help guide the development and implementation of programs and services within the mandate of the department.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures as required.
- Assists in the development and management of capital and operating budgets as required.
- Performs related work as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
The knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are obtained through a completion of a University degree in Landscape Architecture, Recreation Administration or a two (2) year Diploma in Landscape Design or Recreation Studies from a recognized institution, with three (3) to five (5) years experience in park and facility planning, including extensive experience with community engagement.
- Knowledge of needs assessment and strategic planning principles and practices, with demonstrated ability to implement sound community development processes.
- Knowledge of and experience leading community engagement and consultation processes.
- Knowledge of participation processes, group facilitation, team building, and group dynamics.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to apply project management principles and practices.
- Ability to research, analyze, and summarize reliable information and determine action required.
- Ability to use various computer software programs such as Word, Excel, asset management software and scheduling software.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts effectively in oral and written form to a variety of audiences including formal public presentations, written reports, and the development and delivery of training and resource materials.
- Ability to negotiate mutually beneficial agreements and to manage change through decision-making, problem solving, and consensus building.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to work cooperatively with staff, peers, supervisors, volunteers, elected officials, and the public.
- Must have the means and ability to travel within the City of Regina and work flexible hours, which may include evenings and weekends.
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education*
**In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.**
Division: City Planning & Community Development
Department: Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services
Salary Grade: CUPE Local 21 – Pay Class 2J
Salary: $30.18 - $33.76/Hour; $62,464 - $69,874/Annum
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.