This job position belongs to Administrative Support, Clerical & Services occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the Administrative Support, Clerical & Services occupation skills matrix.
In an environment which supports continuous improvement under the direction of the Coordinator, Property Tax & Administration, this position is responsible for contacting customers regarding various property concerns and receives calls from the public escalated from Customer Service Representatives or the Taxation customer Service Clerk due to their complexity. This includes a variety of duties related to assessment and property tax administration from maintenance of the assessment & property taxation records to providing administrative support for various project initiatives
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for ongoing maintenance of ISC electronic transfer files of property ownership changes. Review, correct and upload property and percentage of ownership interests into the TAS system. Maintain accounts and notify applicable City ofReginadepartments of changes.
- Provide support for Assessment Notice declarations mailings from the ISC upload file. Receive, review and complete any change requirements in the TAS system. Track returned declarations, screening responses for completeness. Maintain accurate record of all correspondence.
- Provide support for maintenance of mail and civic address changes, School Support declarations and name change requests and complete any change requirements in the TAS system. Maintain accurate records of all correspondence.
- Assist with the market sales validations from ISC records and entering into the TAS system.
- Assist with the income and expense data collection.
- Assist with exemption status review. Review, maintain and enter bylaw exemptions details into TAS systems. Set up required files and notify various City ofReginaholders of the exemption bylaw.
- Assist with local improvements. Review, maintain and enter local improvement details into TAS systems. Set up required files and notify various City ofReginaholders of the local improvements.
- Receive and review cost rates (Marshall & Swift) and complete all change requirements in the TAS system to ensure complete accuracy of the rates for the calculation of the assessment models. Set up folders; notify Assistant City Assessor of changes and discrepancies. Complete post verification of entered rates.
- Respond to complex customer inquiries for all customer contact channels (in person, telephone, mail, fax, email) regarding property taxation accounts.
- Organize and maintain various departmental mailings including Annual/Supplementary Assessment Notices, Local Improvement Notices and other departmental mailings as required.
- Interpret and enter data required for property assessment purposes as provided by the Property Assessors
- Assist with review of replot properties within the TAS system.
- Scanning and filing of TIPPS applications
- Provide support to Property Tax Collections. Specifically, the 6 month notices and other reports or mailings as required.
- Organize and co-ordinate filing of documents as required.
- Provide front desk customer service coverage as required.
- Assist with special departmental projects and performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of the property taxation and assessment policies, procedures, practices and TAS system.
- Knowledge and understanding of The Cities Act, Freedom of Information Act, Education Tax, statues, bylaws, municipal, provincial and federal polices with the ability to apply those policies that affect Assessment and Property Taxation Administration.
- Ability to analyze data accurately for reporting purposes and providing information to various sources.
- Thorough knowledge and advance skills in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Email and third party web based systems.
- Knowledge of office procedures, systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of ISC in regards to Land Registration and Saskatchewan Corporations Branch systems.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain integrity, accuracy of data and attention to detail in high volume and pressure situations.
- Ability to prioritize and organize large volumes of work effectively to ensure all required deadlines are met.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with the public and maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with internal and external customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate in Business Administration with courses in Financial Accounting.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years clerical experience in a computerized environment preferably in a financial or municipal setting. Experience in preparation of legal documents,
- A keyboarding speed of 50 w.p.m.
- Experience handling public inquiries on sensitive issues.
WORKING / OTHER CONDITIONS:
Work independently in a team based, open office environment with minimal supervision, demonstrating sound judgement and a high degree of concentration and composure in a stressful environment.
- Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
- In accordance with the City of Regina's Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide, a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
Division: Financial Strategy & Sustainability
Department: Tax, Assessment & Utility Billing
Salary Grade: Pay Class 8 (Local 7)
Salary: $21.86- $27.98/Hour; $41,678 - $53,347/Annum
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
This competition will remain open until filled.