Please note: This position has two (2) twelve (12) hour shifts to provide 24/7 coverage.
This position is an important communication link between external customers, internal business partners, divisional field staff and other city divisions. Specifically, the incumbents are responsible to support the efficient operations of various divisions and related external organizations. This position is responsible for the broad categories of communications with many groups and arranging for various activities to be completed to support the operational field staff. They also assist the operational staff with administrative duties to support the requests from the public, including data entry and document management. This position is the front-line customer contact point outside of standard business hours for customer inquiries, requests for service and complaints related to City of Regina services. This position reports to the Coordinator, Customer Service.
Typical duties include:
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from Service Regina or directly from citizens, businesses, organizations and other levels of government by e-mail, telephone and in person.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns from internal staff and the public to provide and communicate with various stakeholders.
- Answer telephone calls and responding to emergency/after-hour calls to the city and some related external organizations on a 24/7 basis.
- Interview customers and determine areas of concern, ascertain areas of responsibilities for resolutions of the requests for assistance. Advise customers of possible alternate actions in the event the City does not or is unable to provide a particular service.
- Follow Division Service Request process and procedures including creating and accurately entering information into the computer systems used for customer service (Infor, CIS, FDM)
- Contact appropriate call-out personnel when required.
- Provide time sensitive information to Police, Fire, Transit, Regina Airport Authority and Service Regina, and others as may be required. This includes road closures, detours, water main breaks, etc.
- Coordinate work requests with various field personnel (including on-call) via appropriate communication devices including (two-way radios, cellular phones, land lines, email and in-person).
- Maintain the operational building and vehicle keys and log.
- Create and administer messages for the Variable Message Boards as requested appropriate personnel.
- Schedule of appointments as well as investigate and follow up on any discrepancies for meter issues.
- Create Move-in and Move-out service orders for summer services in the computerized billing system.
- Maintain a list of summer services for installation and removal purposes.
- Follow-up on outstanding service orders, ensuring that billing cycles are being processed correctly.
- Manage the meter inventory information, including processing meter change and repair information.
- Manage meter testing information, including scheduling tests and recording test results.
- Receive and process meter lifts for properties to be demolished.
- Data entry of various pieces of information into the appropriate computerized system, including service orders, service requests, cut information, install/inspect forms, etc.
- Manage assigned operational documents as required, including filing.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
The knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are obtained through the completion of Grade 12 and three (3) years experience in a front-line customer service environment and three (3) years of experience providing customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to articulate thoughts and speak clearly.
- Advanced knowledge of the services provided by the City of Regina as required.
- Knowledge of the computerized utility billing and service request systems as well as other divisional applications.
- Knowledge of the statutory regulations, bylaws and other policies and procedures related to the City of Regina.
- Knowledge of the general rules and regulations of the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and the City of Regina Occupational Health and Safety Manual.
- Advanced ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Advanced ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction.
- Ability to comply with all applicable corporate standards, bylaws, policies and legislation such as The Cities Act, Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule assigned work and work schedule of others efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to assess situations and information in a time sensitive and calm manner during emergencies along with demonstrated ability to work under stress.
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proficient customer service skills.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and strong decision making ability.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and effectively operate computers, telephones, radios and other communications equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a windows PC environment utilizing a multi-screen configuration. A minimum keyboarding speed of 50 WPM is required.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of personal computers and Microsoft suite applications software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and corporate applications such as GroupWise, CIS and Infor.
- Shift work will be required in this position.
- Working independently in a team based, open office environment with minimal supervision, demonstrating sound judgement and a high degree of concentration and composure in a stressful environment.
- Perform repetitive hand movements and work in a structured environment.
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education*
**In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment. **
Division: Citizen Experience, Innovation & Performance
Department: Citizen Experience
Salary Grade: CUPE Local 21 – Pay Class 2D
Salary: $24.71-$27.51/Hour; $51,143-$56,938/Annum (2019 Rates)
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.