*Attention: All Employees – Local 21*
Office of the City Solicitor – Licensing & Parking Services
Expression of Interest – Superior Duty Opportunity for up to three (3) months
Below is an abbreviated list of job duties and qualifications required for this work assignment.
Typical duties include:
- Monitor and perform regular street inspection, repair and maintenance of parking meter devices.
- Carry out the collection of coins from parking meter devices.
- Re-program parking meter devices malfunctions by making adjustments on site including replacing faulty components with fully functioning replacement components.
- Perform repairs, troubleshoot and make adjustments to parking meter devices, including replacement of defective mechanisms and parts.
- Collect money from the parking meter devices and deliver the funds to a designated point for deposit.
- Maintain records associated with the City’s maintenance of parking meter devices, and revenues collected from parking.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
Grade Twelve (12) or General Education Development (GED) equivalency.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare brief and concise reports of work performed
- Ability to listen, understand, and respond both verbally and in written form, information of a semi-technical nature
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and internal inquires/concerns in an acceptable, sensitive, positive and respectful manner.
- Ability to perform heavy work of a physical nature on a daily basis over sustained periods and inclement conditions.
- Demonstrated fine, manual dexterity skills.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Must be able and willing to perform work of a physical nature in field environments and inclement conditions.
- Must be available to perform overtime and work shift and/or irregular hours.
**In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment. **
*Note: This Superior Duty Opportunity will be awarded based on senior qualified as outlined in Article 19 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Division: Office of the City Solicitor
Department: Licensing & Parking Services
Salary Grade: CUPE Local 21 – Pay Class 1D
Salary: $24.43 - $25.07/Hour; $50,563 - $51,888/Annum