* This is a casual opportunity for up to twelve (12) months *
This position performs inventory control, requisition, central receiving, materials issuance, and purchasing supplies in support of fleet maintenance and repair activities. Responsibilities include researching and procuring parts, materials and/or supplies in a cost efficient and timely manner, maintaining computerized inventories, and conducting periodic visual inventory of storage items. This position reports to the Manager of Fleet Maintenance.
*If a qualified Journeyperson cannot be secured, the City of Regina may consider Apprentices who are nearest to obtaining their Journeyperson status, or candidates that have completed the Parts Management Certificate*
Typical duties include:
- Requisitions, receives, stores, issues, and inventories a wide variety of stock and non-stock parts.
- Searches catalogs and contacts vendors to secure comparative price, quality, availability, and delivery information.
- Orders standard materials from approved supply sources; prepares requisitions; and develops new sources of supplies, equipment, and services.
- Expedites purchase orders and follows up on delivery of ordered materials.
- Expedites receipt of back ordered material, completes delivery receipts, and maintains parts manuals and books.
- Receives deliveries of materials, verifies quantities delivered, and inspects for damage; and signs delivery tags
- Prepares and maintains records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials. Updates computer inventory control records.
- Performs periodic physical inventory and reconciles with inventory records. Assists in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, and ordering quantities.
- Operates a forklift and other equipment as required to move and stack materials in safe manner.
- Follows all safety practices, policies and regulations as required to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Acts as Fleet Stores Supervisor, as required
- Performs related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
- Successful completion of Journeyperson Parts Certificate in the Partsperson trade coupled with two (2) to three (3) years of current Journeyperson Partsperson experience including purchasing, receiving, issuing, and counter sales in a modern, computerized truck or mobile equipment parts department operation. Successful completion of the purchasing and inventory management courses from PMAC or NIGP would be an asset.
- Considerable knowledge of receiving, stocking, tagging and issuing supplies in a computerised stores operation.
- Knowledge and ability to apply up-to-date accounting functions and parts procurement procedures as required by current purchasing procedures.
- General understanding and knowledge of mechanical and hydraulic systems as used in heavy equipment and ability to apply this knowledge to assist in ordering parts for in house assemblies.
- Knowledge of record keeping processes and procedures and maintaining inventories within a computerized inventory management system.
- Knowledge of the general rules and regulations of the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and the City of Regina Occupational Health and Safety Manual.
- Ability to interpret and adapt technical methods and procedures required in a modern parts environment.
- Ability to analyse/inquire and determine the parts required to accomplish objectives in normal and abnormal situations.
- Skill and ability to utilize a personal computer and various windows-based corporate software programs, including, Assetworks M5, Oracle E-Business Suite, and computerized inventory management systems to accurately enter information using basic keyboarding skills, and utilize internet resources to conduct research.
- Ability to perform physical labour, including heavy lifting.
- Ability to work independently and perform Journeyperson level duties with minimal supervision and exercise sound judgement and decision making to accomplish priorities in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Ability to deal in a courteous and tactful manner with contacts, whether co-workers, public or clients and maintain effective work relations with other staff.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to function effectively in a quality work team environment.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate information utilizing parts manuals and video display terminals.
- Must possess a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 driver’s license
- Must possess or be able to obtain certification as a Forklift operator.
- Must possess a Journeyperson Parts Ticket , or have completed the Parts Management Technician Certificate and has the ability to complete the Journeyperson Parts Ticket within 12 months.
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
*Note: In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Division: Citizen Services
Department: Transit & Fleet
Salary Grade: 2E (CUPE Local 21)
Salary: $25.24 – $28.10/Hour; $52,240 - $58,159/Annum
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
This competition will be remain open until filled.