This job position belongs to Engineering and Related Services occupation group. Please ensure you create or submit a resume associated with the Engineering and Related Services occupation skills matrix.
This competition will remain open until filled.
This position provides professional engineering related to support the management of roadways infrastructure. This position performs research, engineering, and management of engineering projects and services. This position reports to senior engineer.
Typical duties include:
- Provides research, management and professional engineering and advice pertaining to the management of transportation infrastructure. Research, engineering and management functions may include studies, planning, design, materials, construction, data/asset management, monitoring, operations, rehabilitation, maintenance, agreements/contracts, budgets/expenditures and investment strategies.
- Prepares and presents technical and business reports, contract documents, terms of reference, proposals, correspondence and briefs.
- Receives and responds to concerns and enquiries from staff, the public, other departments, elected officials and the media.
- Coordinates, consults, negotiates and collaborates with outside agencies and stakeholders.
- Manages and directs the work of consultants, contractors and operational forces.
- Follows all rules and regulations as set out in the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and The City of Regina Occupational Health and Safety Manual as they apply to this position.
- Performs related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
- A University degree in Engineering, such as Civil with a minimum of four years engineering experience in a related transportation field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of transportation engineering principles, processes, theories, statistics and technologies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of transportation infrastructure, management, systems, standards, safety, policies, materials, practices, operations and equipment.
- Advanced skill to analyze complex data and issues and interpret specifications/plans/regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and processes.
- Skilled in managing multiple engineering/operational projects, information systems, programs and budgets/expenditures.
- Skilled in leading, planning, organizing, influencing, directing, supervising, inspecting and co-ordinating work teams, consultants and contractors.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relations and a respectful environment with superiors, peers, subordinates and the general public.
- Skilled in expressing ideas effectively both orally and in writing, to diverse group and size of audiences.
- Ability to apply the general rules and regulations of the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act and the City of Regina Occupational Health and Safety Manual as they apply to the position.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan.
- Must posses a valid Class Five (5) driver’s license and have a vehicle available for work usage.
- Must be motivated to strive for personal growth, self-awareness and excellence.
- Must be committed to Corporate values and initiatives.
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
*Note: In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Division: Citizen Services
Department: Roadways & Transportation – Roadways Preservation
Salary Grade: 6 - CMM
Salary: $39.36 - $49.14/Hour; $75,044 - $93,691/Annum (Plus a $3.00/hour Market Supplement)
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.