This competition will remain open until filled.
This position develops the strategy to manage and organize digital information while ensuring that it meets the City’s needs, which include shareability, availability, quality, coherence and integrity. The position assists in developing priorities and objectives for corporate digital information administration policies, standards, security and technology. This position plans, coordinates, and supervises complex digital information assignments; designs and applies new methods and procedures. The position reports to the Enterprise Architect.
Typical duties include:
- Coordinate the overall data architecture by designing a stable and secure infrastructure for the corporation’s digital information types, which include Spatial, Relational, Open, and Unstructured data.
- Develop information architecture long range strategic plans for maintaining, managing, archiving and purging digital assets in accordance with corporate policy.
- Develop a consolidated enterprise information architecture for shared digital information.
- Coordinate the relationship of the information architecture to application systems to ensure that the application systems requirements conform with the information architecture strategy.
- In conjunction with the Corporate Information Governance branch, develop and update policies, procedures and guidelines around the management of information within the corporation. Participate in the development and implementation of corporate practices as they relate to digital information and data.
- Identify implementation risks and analyze potential impact to enterprise information architecture.
- Coordinate development projects and programs to insure compliance with shared information strategies.
- Coordinate the development and establishment of information models for applications ensuring that data integrity and corporate information stability is not compromised.
- Participate in the development and updating of the branch’s business plan which aligns to the Information Technology Services’ strategy and City’s strategic vision, in addition to awareness of the various divisional business technology plans.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of enterprise architecture plans to address the evolution of existing and new business information models.
- Contribute to the preparation of departmental and corporate systems plans by assisting in the identification of data and developing required information models.
- Develop and maintain relationships across the organization to determine information needs, ensuring superior customer service is being delivered. Important components of this are being sensitive to the business needs of all customers and being open and responsive to change.
- Provide input into security software functionality and its application to all storage device types and the access to them for classified and unclassified areas.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing information security policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed.
- Prepare recommendations and implement changes to work methods and procedures to make them more effective and/or to strengthen security measures.
- Liaise, confer, partner or collaborate with external stakeholders, organizations and other government agencies, noting trends and best practices that may impact direction.
- Ensure that within the scope of the area, the requirements of provincial or federal legislation, City Council's bylaws, and policies and practices adopted by the City of Regina are complied with.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
- Typically the knowledge, skills and abilities required are obtained through the completion of a University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or other related discipline) and formal training in systems analysis, systems design, information security, and project management, combined with six (6) to eight (8) years’ experience in computer services, with three (3) years in Information and Security Architecture.
- Demonstrated knowledge in information resource management, and information architecture and administration theory, concepts, techniques and tools achieved through formal training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of information architecture and data administration.
- Knowledge of approaches to systems development, integration and implementation
- Ability to define the enterprise level information model or architecture
- Ability to identify and develop information standards
- Ability to understand information requirements and to design appropriate data repositories and data movement processes in order to fulfill the Corporation’s needs.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and demonstrate sound judgement.
- Ability to relate and communicate well to all levels internal and external to the organization. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- This position may be on call 24 hours per day, 7 days a week and may be required to work irregular shifts
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
*Note: As per the City of Regina Criminal Record Check policy, the above position has been identified as a "position of trust". Successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.