This is a casual labourer opportunity for the Facilities Operations Branch.
This competition will remain open until filled.
This position assists in overseeing the daily operations of indoor arenas, indoor pools and other City of Regina facilities. This position performs manual and/or automated building/mechanical maintenance and operations, cleaning, general security and customer service. This position primarily works independently and reports to a Foreman - Facilities Operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide regular maintenance and service to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment, pool/arena facilities and mechanical equipment, and boiler systems.
- Monitor and adjust water treatment chemicals as required.
- Monitor building and preventative maintenance system schedules and repair and maintain the general condition of the assigned facility including performing cleaning and performing minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on a variety of equipment including: forklifts, ice flooding machines and small tractors.
- Maintain security of facility and equipment. Open and close facility ensuring the users have left the premises.
- Enforce procedural rules and regulations. Monitor personal safety of facility users.
- Perform related work as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
- Must have or be willing to obtain Saskatchewan Refrigeration Plant Operators Certificate and Swimming Pool Operators Certificate
- Must have or be willing to obtain First Aid Certificate, WHMIS Certification and Fireman’s Certificate as required
- One (1) to two (2) years related experience would be an asset
- Must possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and have the means and ability to travel within the City of Regina (a kilometre reimbursement is provided)
- As per the City of Regina Criminal Record Check policy, the above position has been identified as a "position of trust". Successful candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
- Knowledge of effective facility and equipment maintenance practices and procedures
- Knowledge of safe handling procedures, characteristics and uses of various chemicals used in the operation of equipment (i.e. Chlorine and Anhydrous Ammonia) and general cleaning agents
- Shift work and on-call requirements apply.
- Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
- In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Division: Corporate Services
Department: Facilities Management Services
Salary Grade: 1C (CUPE Local 21)
Salary: Casual Labourer rate of pay is $16.34/hour, however salary is based on worked performed. Facility Operator I salary is: 1st Year $23.57/Hour ($48,783 Annum); 2nd Year $24.19/Hour ($50,067/Annum)
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.