This is a casual labourer opportunity for the Facilities Operations Branch.
This competition will remain open until filled
This position assists in overseeing the daily operations of indoor arenas, indoor pools and other City of Regina facilities. This position performs manual and/or automated building/mechanical maintenance and operations, cleaning, general security and customer service. This position primarily works independently and reports to a Foreman, Facilities Operations.
Typical duties include:
- Provides regular maintenance and service to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment, pool/arena facilities and mechanical equipment, and boiler systems.
- Monitor and adjust water treatment chemicals as required.
- Monitor building operation and perform preventative maintenance system schedules and repair and maintain the general condition of the assigned facility including performing cleaning and performing minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on a variety of equipment including: ice flooding machines and small tractors.
- Maintain security of facility and equipment. Open and close facility ensuring the users have left the premises.
- Provide customer service to facility users including providing information, explaining schedules, rules, and regulations and responding to all concerns and requests.
- Enforce procedural rules and regulations. Monitor personal safety of facility users.
- Perform related work as required.
Candidates will be screened on the following criteria:
*** To be considered for this position you must clearly identify your qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities and where you obtained them in your application/resume. ***
The knowledge, skills and abilities for this position require successful completion of the Swimming Pool Operators Certificate combined with one (1) to two (2) years related experience. Must have or be willing to obtain First Aid Certificate and WHIMIS Certification.
- Knowledge of effective facility and equipment maintenance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of safe handling procedures, characteristics and uses of various chemicals used in the operation of equipment (i.e. Chlorine, and Anhydrous Ammonia) and general cleaning agents.
- Ability to properly use chemicals and to conduct tests adhering to departmental standards and guidelines.
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment safely and effectively and perform routine equipment maintenance and checks adhering to standards as outlined by the City of Regina and applicable Provincial guidelines.
- Ability to provide quality internal and external customer service.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision demonstrating sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to physically perform the position functions, including heavy lifting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in the use of computer programs (email software, Facility Scheduling).
- Must have the means and ability to travel within the City of Regina.
- The employee will be required to work shifts.
*Note: Testing may be done to evaluate knowledge, skills and abilities.
*Note: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to provide proof of acquired education.
*Note: In accordance with the City of Regina’s Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires that the successful candidate provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Division: Financial Strategy & Sustainability
Department: Land, Real Estate & Facilities
Salary Grade: CUPE Local 21 – Pay Class 1C
Salary: As a casual labourer, your base wage will be $16.92 per hour, however the successful candidate will be paid for work performed $24.41 per hour.
The City of Regina values diversity in our workforce and encourages applications from all qualified Employment Equity candidates.
We will contact applicants we wish to consider within six weeks of the competition closing date. All applicants are thanked for their interest.